Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vacation to Myrtle Beach 3/22/2012 Day #13

Today is the day we have to leave. I am surely going to miss the ocean, the pool, the hot tub and Myrtle Beach. We got up early and was out of the room and on the road at 6:21 AM. It was a bit on the foggy side this morning for  awhile. Then the sun came through and took care of it. This trip most of the pics are going to be of the mountains.


On our way to Tennessee

We stopped and got breakfast at McD's. Mmm love the sausage biscuits here in the south. They are made from scratch. Back home there hard and stale.
We got into North Carolina at 11:03 AM




Bye bye palm tree's hello mountains


This was at one of the rest stops. I think its a dogwood tree.

We are starting to see more and more mountains. It is very beautiful. Very hard take pictures while the car is moving and other cars and trucks get in your way. Grrrr very frustrating. Dan just thought it was so funny. I was trying to get some good pics and I was just getting mad.













Finally in Tennesee

We still have a little ways to go with more mountain views. I can't explain how beautiful some of the pictures I didn't get to take were. Like I said it was either cars and trucks or it just was something that was there and gone before I could capture the pic.



This was a rest stop that we went to. I have never seen anything like it. There was a security guard sitting on the porch just rocking away. You could go out there and sit for a bit.



This is the factory where they make Bush beans


They give out free samples here





We finally stopped for lunch about 1:30 PM for lunch. We both have been hungry for
A & W and we found one when we got into Pigeon Forge, TN. That was a great lunch. We were only about 15 minutes away from the room. Yay!! My butt was getting numb.
We got to the hotel and checked in. We were on the ground floor or so I thought. We started to unload and I got one suitcase in and noticed that the room did not have a jacuzzi. We were suppose to have a king bed with jucuzzi and mt. view. So we loaded back up and I went in and got it straightened out. But we were on the fourth floor. I sure am glad they had a elevator. We got in and unpacked. It is a very nice room. It had the king bed, jacuzzi, microwave, fridge, flat screen tv and fire place.



A couple shots of our room.

After we unpacked Dan took a catnap and I relaxed and watched a little tv. When he woke up we went to a little amish store. Not everything was made by the amish. The wood work and dolls without the faces were and the food items. We left there and went and got gas and ice for the cooler. After that we went to get something to eat at Mel's Diner a 50's themed restraunt. Prices were fair and food was great.



This is a pic off of our balcony.


Mountain view from our balcony

After we ate we came back to the room and took a shower and got in the jacuzzi. Then just relaxed the rest of the night. It was a long day today. Tomorrow is the last day of our vacation and I know it will be a long day also. End of day #13 Day #14 to follow.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment